What do we offer in our EICR?
Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and age. It is important that the installation is checked periodically to keep it safe and serviceable.
Save over £100 a year by switching to a different plan or a different supplier. Use Reddbox to put switching in auto-pilot mode.
If you are looking for a professional electrician for general electrical work, then book directly from Reddbox.
To know more about boiler and heating services and understand what we offer, take a quick look at the complete guide. Happy to help!
How to book our boiler service?
You can get your annual boiler service by following these easy steps
Sign up/Sign in
Download the Reddbox app, and sign in using your Email, Phone number, or Facebook profile.
Book a popular service
Head to Buy section and select the boiler service. Choose a date and fill in your details to book it.
Get it done
We contact you to schedule the time that works for you and deliver the service.
Want to know more about professional Electrical safety check service? Here are some frequently asked questions that will ease the process and answer your queries
- Q. Who should undertake an EICR?
EICR’s are best left to an experienced electrician or electrical engineer who holds a City and Guilds 2391 – Inspection, Testing, and Verification of electrical installations with relevant experience in the installation types being tested. Insurers tend to ask for relevant accreditations such as NICEIC
- Q. Are you available to work on weekends?
- Yes, we provide service booking for 7 days a week (but not on bank holidays)
- Q. Do you provide any warranty on the work?
- The service will ensure the appliance operates safely, if any parts are fitted as part of onward repair the parts are covered for a period of 12 months. However if upon attendance the boiler failure is, in fact, a Home emergency for example, and does not relate to the parts fitted a full call-out fee will be billed to the customer.
- Q. How does the monthly payment work?
- When you book your boiler service well in advance, we help you distribute the cost over a few months without any interest or fee. The total amount is collected 48 hrs before the scheduled service date.
- Q. When is an EICR needed?
It is recommended that EICR is carried out at least every:
- 10 years for a domestic installation
- 5 years for a commercial installation
- 3 years for industrial premises
- Pilot burner, probes and cables
- 3 years for caravans
- 1 year for swimming pools
The service includes the following steps –
- When a property is being prepared to be let
- Prior to selling a property or when buying a previously occupied property
- Where there is reason to believe that damage has been cause to the building such as flooding or fire
- Q. Can I change the booking?
- Of course, you can. However, please consider that rescheduling an existing appointment is allowed 48 hrs before the original appointment at no extra cost.
- Q. Is there a post-service warranty available?
- The service will ensure the appliance operates safely, if any parts are fitted as part of onward repair the parts are covered for a period of 12 months. However if upon attendance the boiler failure is, in fact, a Home emergency for example and does not relate to the parts fitted a full call-out fee will be billed to the customer.
- Q. Can I cancel a booking?
- Of course you can. A full refund will be processed for cancellation only when it is initiated 48 hrs before the original appointment. But no refund is possible if an appointment is cancelled within 48hrs before the original appointment.