Letting agencies are known to charge up to 15-20% for managing a portfolio, the inspections of the electrics and gas, and for any tradesmen the property may require at the tenant’s request. The letting agencies are many and decentralized in each region of the country, and can drive costs up for landlords and reduce margins. Tenants also see this cost reflected in rent prices.
By law, letting agents must complete compliance tasks, which have grown dramatically since the 1990s, when the government expanded the level of compliance. By using apps as a substitute for services that letting agencies offer, you can cut costs significantly. The benefits are magnified for every extra property you own.
Reddbox is here to reduce the cost, increase the convenience and meet the changing demands of landlords to allow them to pass savings on to tenants. This does not serve as a replacement to the letting agent – they can also manage services on behalf of landlords in the app in addition to other services they provide like property valuations and refurbishment works.
In the new year, Reddbox is launching new insurance products. You will be able to take out insurance on your property, receive rent upfront and insure electronic items. Oh, and all in one app.
- A completely app-based, super simple service booking process.
- Options to pay for the service over a few months without any additional interest or fee. See our rates here. Be quick, we are running promotional rates at the moment.
- You can book the service seven days a week, which means no need to disrupt your busy day.
- A very transparent cancellation and refund policy.
- And the best one – Reddbox will automatically organise all the relevant documents such as invoices and certificates.